Nov 16, 2013

Oh hey guess what....

I'm a happy camper right now. I mentioned in my last post that I was looking for Final Fantasy 14? Well, I finally found it! And have been playing it as much as I can get away with ever since.

I've rerolled my characters, just changing their names slightly. Jorren has a different last name, and Kero is now Kerowyn. I also have a new one, a Miqo'te arcanist (future summoner) named Rynna. I've been tinkering here and there on everybody, but Jorren has been my main focus, because pugilists are FUN.

I've also been taking way too many screenshots...






Jorren is working on getting the monk job. He's gotten to level 16 as a pugilist, and I just got level 15 as a lancer earlier today. He's also a level 13 miner. Once I get his level 15 lancer quest done (because I hate to leave things like that incomplete), he'll be back to punching things for a while.

(Why do my characters always have to blink right when I hit the screenshot key?)



Kerowyn is up to level 9 (if I remember correctly). She's going to be a dragoon, eventually, which sounds like a flip-ton of fun. She'll probably be the one I focus on after Jorren is leveled enough to make me happy.




And here's Rynna. She's been my "tinker with when I'm bored" character, and is only level 7 (or maybe 8, I can't remember for sure). The first couple levels were a little rough, and I wasn't sure how much I was going to like the class, but since she got her carbuncle pet, she's been a blast.

The sad news is, this has all been with the free 30 days that came with the game purchase. Once that's done, I'm not sure how much I'm going to be playing. I will probably pick up one month subs whenever I have the extra money, but lately that hasn't been very often. To be completely honest, my computer situation is the only thing keeping me from quitting WoW for this game. The Final Fantasy series has always been my favorite, and lately Warcraft just hasn't been very interesting. Even with the expansion, the only thing I'm getting excited about is the garrisons. The only reason I even still log on is my friends, and since I've stopped RPing (for a lot of personal reasons, but mostly because I don't have the energy/brain power for it anymore), I haven't even been doing anything with them. I miss them, but everyone has RP plots and stories going on, and I'm pretty clueless about all of it, so I couldn't really join in even if I wanted to. Final Fantasy has been different. I don't know anyone in the game, so I'm still lonely, but there's so much to do in game that I don't really notice it much. And, somehow, not knowing anyone makes it less lonely. Like, it's harder to miss people when there is no people to miss, if that makes sense. (Not that I wouldn't be dancing for joy if any of my Warcraft friends started playing Final Fantasy more. I'm not sure anyone has since the beta ended.) I've even noticed that I've been happier at work, after getting some play time in the morning, since I got this game. I'm sure it won't last, and eventually the "new shiny" aspect will wear off, but dammit I'm going to enjoy myself while it lasts.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I don't think I'm going to completely quit WoW, even after I get a new computer and can play Final Fantasy and Star Wars more often. And I am getting the new expansion, at least for my main account, whenever it comes out. I'm just going to be getting game-time cards, like I'm currently doing with my second account, since I can just buy one of those whenever I want to play, and can afford it, instead of the subscription automatically withdrawing every month.

And now, I think that's enough rambling for one post. I've still got over half of my free time with Final Fantasy, so I'll probably be showing off posting more screenshots from that later. Then it'll most likely be back to Star Wars stuff, especially since they're about to have a new expansion. (Which looks like more fun than DudesWarlords of Draenor... :P )

No comments:

Post a Comment